Saturday, July 31, 2010

3 Meals.....

We love Mexican food.....who doesn't! Well, here is a great way to get more bang for your buck and have some yummy meals. We buy the chicken fajita meat that is already seasoned at the grocery store (you can also buy the beef) and grill it out. So last night we had chicken fajitas with all the trimming....the prepackaged fajita meat will feed quite a few people, so we always have left overs. Today for lunch (using the left overs) I finely chopped the meat, peppers, onions and added a can of black beans (drain and rinse) and made chicken fajita and black bean quesadillas. Evan loved them! They were so good and I still have a little of the mixture left, I think I am going to put it in a salad with chips and have a taco salad. I was also thinking that you could buy tortilla chip and make some yummy nachos. Just thought I would share....we are not big left over people but the chicken fajita meat is too good to throw away! Let me know if you come up with any other ways..I would love to know what you did. Have a happy weekend!

Crys

No comments:

Post a Comment